Greek mythology board games are plentiful, so it wasn’t easy picking the best board games based on Greek mythology.
Even so, I have attempted to select the 20 best Greek mythology board games based on various reasons – some silly and some based on in-depth research.
It could be as simple as the excellent board game box design, which offers an unbelievable first impression.
I’m a sucker for great artwork, so it makes me want to play the game.
Other reasons include fantastic Greek mythology playing cards, top-rated reviews, game popularity, and curiosity.
Whatever you may think, these Greek mythology board games stand out for a reason.
The 20 Best Greek Mythology Board Games
You will also see several more Greek myth-related board game lists after the 20 best Greek mythology board games.
It will give you a good idea of just how many board games about Greek mythology and Ancient Greece are out there. And there are heaps of them!
You may even prefer to play one of those board games rather than a board game that appears in the list of the 20 best Greek mythology board games.
It all depends on what interests you most, so go for whatever board game you prefer.
1. Cyclades board game
The Cyclades board game is one of the most well-known Greek mythology board games out there. You can also get many expansions for the game.
The Titans expansion is a good choice for your next purchase if you enjoy playing the Cyclades game by itself.
You can also get other expansions, including Hades and Monuments, plus a few more.
2. The Oracle of Delphi
Any board game referring to Apollo is a must.
A board game based around the story of Jason and the Golden Fleece.
5. 7 Fortunes
6. Elysium board game
7. Chess with Greek Gods
Playing a chess game with Apollo as the king will always be a good board game.
8. Monstrous – The Game by Mythic Mayhem
The Monstrous board game box cover is fantastic!
9. Mythic Battles: Pantheon
The Greek Gods battle it out to the death!
Expansions include Hera, Hephaistos, and Poseidon.
10. Santorini board game
Lots of board game enthusiasts seem to love Santorini.
13. 7 Wonders Duel with 7 Wonders Duel: Pantheon
Note: 7 Wonders Duel is also needed to play 7 Wonders Duel Pantheon.
14. High Heavens
Greek Gods versus Norse Gods.
Instead of playing Monopoly, play Mythopoly.
I’m sure you will find it just as fun.
16. Labyrinth (Ravensburger)
17. Labyrinthos (English Edition)
18. The Heavens of Olympus
I think this box cover beats them all.
Prometheus is a board game that has a chess-like feel to it. So if you enjoy playing chess, you’ll likely enjoy playing Prometheus.
20. Lords of Hellas
List of Board Games
The following board games in each list are all in alphabetical order. There are seven additional lists: Ancient Greek Board Games, Strategy War Board Games, extra Greek mythology board games, Greek myth board games with minor influences, hero board games involving Hercules, Atlantis board games, and Greek board games for kids.
Ancient Greek Board Games
- 7 Wonders
- Acropolis of Athens: Following the Steps of Pausanias
- Attika – Construct a classical Greek city.
- Hellenica: Story of Greece
- Parthenon Rise of the Aegean
- Philosophia: Dare to be wise
Strategy War Board Games
- 1821 the battle! – Greek War of Independence board game.
- 300: Earth & Water – distributed by Ares Games.
- 300: The Board Game
- Alexander the Great
- Alexandros – As a general of Alexander the Great, conquer Asia.
- Athens & Sparta
- Capture Greece
- Commands & Colors: Ancients – Expansion Pack No. 1: Greece & Eastern Kingdoms
- Egemonia – Simulates the Peloponnesian War between Sparta and Athens in ancient Greece.
- Hellas – by Kosmos
- Hellenes: Campaigns of the Peloponnesian War
- Khora: Rise of an empire
- Perikles – A game from Martin Wallace.
- Pericles: The Peloponnesian Wars
- Polis – Between Athens and Sparta
- Polis: Fight for the Hegemony
- The Peloponnesian War, 431-404 BC
- Troia – A board game inspired by the Trojan War.
Greek Mythology Board Games (50+ extra games)
- Aeon Trespass: Odyssey
- Age of Mythology
- By Jove
- Capture Greece
- Cerberus – Also has an expansion called Cerberus: Treasures of the Underworld.
- Clash of the Titans Game
- Concordia Venus – Standalone Version.
- Constellations – Did you know that 48 traditional constellations are all Greek?
- Chronos Conquest
- Deukalion – Also has an expansion: Theseus – Conqueror of the Minotaur.
- Deus Ex Machina
- Divinus – Greek and Norse gods clash.
- Fight for Olympus
- Fleecing Olympus
- Go For Broke Greek Mythology – Vintage 80s board game.
- Gorgon Quest
- Greece Lightning
- Hector and Achilles – 2 player game.
- Helden in der Unterwelt (Heroes of the Underworld)
- Iliad: The Siege of Troy
- Mare Nostrum – with Mare Nostrum: Greek Mythology Expansion
- Mortal Gods: Skirmish Games in Ancient Greece
- Mortals: Descent of the Gods
- Mythology: A Game of Adventure in the Age of Heros
- Mythology: The Game
- Neptun – by Queen Games
- Odysseus – Jumbo Dutch Edition
- Odyssey: The Gods Clash
- Odyssey: Wrath of Poseidon
- Oh My Gods!
- Olympus – Board Game by Fantasy Flight Games.
- Omen: Tales of the Ancients
- Poseidon’s Kingdom
- Rise of the Amazons – Kickstarter
- Risk: Godstorm – Win as a Greek, Babylonian, Egyptian, Norse, or Celtic.
- RPGQuest: Greek Mythology
- Tales Of Ulysse – A French board game (with English instructions) based on The Odyssey.
- Titan – First published in 1980 by Gorgonstar.
- Voyage Home: An Odyssey
- War – Batalhas Mitológicas
- Wonderwoman: Challenge of the Amazons
Board Games – Greek mythology (minor influence)
- Aeon Trespass: Odyssey
- Age of Gods
- Ancient World – Second edition.
- Apollo – Inspired by the NASA moon missions.
- Arena: for The Gods!
- Dungeons & Dragons: Mythic Odysseys of Theros Pre-Painted Plastic Figures Booster
- Sleeping Gods
- Smash Up: It’s Your Fault!
- Terraforming Mars: Hellas & Elysium – The expansion to Terraforming Mars
- Unmatched: Battle of Legends, Volume One – Play as Medusa
Escape from Atlantis & other Atlantis Board Games
- Atlantis – A wide variety of different board games available over the years.
- Atlantis Escape
- Atlantis Rising
- Atlantis Rising (Second Edition)
- Atlas and Zeus
- Escape from Atlantis
- LOAD: League of Ancient Defenders
- Survive: Escape from Atlantis
- The Age of Atlantis
Heroes Board Games (Hercules)
- Disney Hercules: Save Mt. Olympus
- Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
- The Labours of Hercules
- The Mighty Hercules Game
Greek Games for Kids
- LEGO Minotaurus Game
- Monopoly Spongebob Greek Edition
- Nous – Memory Game.
- Odyssey – A snakes and ladders game.
- The Book Of Greek Myths Pop-Up Board Games
- The Game of Greek Mythology – DocMonty Games
- The Mythical Odyssey – Puzzle 160 pieces
More Greek Mythology Games to Play
Board games can be great fun to play, but remember there are also Greek mythology video games and Greek mythology card games. So don’t forget to play some of them.
Playing a Greek mythology board game would be a fun experience to have. So make sure you pick your favorite board game on one of these lists and play it!
Pin it … Share it